A new friend of mine asked me to e-mail him a list of my top five books that deal with the modern to post-modern shift, spiritual formation, the Emergent conversation, missional theology etc… That was awhile back and I never did it,–not the best way to keep new friends–so I thought I would list my top five books that cover these issues in this space. The list–though a top five–is not in any particular order.
- A New Kind of Christian—Brian D. McLaren
- More Ready Than You Realize—Brian D. McLaren
- soulTsunami—Leonard Sweet
- The Emerging Church—Dan Kimball
- Missional Church—Darrel l. Guder, ed.
So, what’s on my reading table right now? I thought you’d never ask.
- The Faces of Forgiveness: Searching for Wholeness and Salvation–F. Leron Shults
- The Barbarian Way: Unleash the Untamed Faith Within–Erwin Raphael McManus
- Morph: The Texture of Leadership for Tomorrow’s Church–Ron Martoia
I hope you’re reading some great and challenging stuff too. What’s on your top five list of recent reads?