Every now and then I’m struck by the fact that so many questions that rattle around in my head never get answered. They just remain questions. And at the same time I realize that more and more questions there are the less and less real answers seem to come. So today I thought I would just share some general questions that have been on my mind.
Ready? Here we go, in no particular order.
1. How come I’ve never heard of most of the movies nominated for Academy Awards?
2. How come newscasters think they must spend 4 hours re-telling us what the President just told us?
3. How come Nancy Grace is still on TV?
4. Why does the weatherman start the “forecast” by telling us what already happened that day?
5. Why does my mother-in-law do her crossword puzzles in pen?
6. Why do both me and my mother-in-law do crossword puzzles?
7. Why doesn’t Starbuck’s have free WI-FI like everybody else?
8. Who are the people who haven’t learned to not use permanent marker on a whiteboard?
9. Why do people care about Brad and Angelina or Tom and Katie?
10. Why can you negotiate the cost of a house or car but not a computer or a sandwich at Subway?
11. Why was I such a jerk to so many people in high school and college?
12. Why was Shepherd Smith (of Fox News) wearing a Parka last night to cover the State of the Union? Was he covering it from Alaska?
13. Why didn’t the Texans draft Reggie Bush or Vince Young?
14. Why does Arizona not observe Daylight Savings Time?
15. Why do people like cats?
16. Why do ultra-fundamentalist Mormons think polygamy is a good idea? Isn’t one family difficult enough? (I mean, well worth it, but how many college tuitions and weddings do you want to pay for?)
17.Why are there ethnicities and races in the first place? Wouldn’t there be much more peace if we were all, say, black?
18. Why do people enjoying belittling each other so much?
19. Why do people of character and conviction so rarely rise to power?
20. How come so many of us Christians praise Martin Luther King, and Mother Theresa, but so seldom want to do the kinds of things they did?