I recently read an article concerning why people leave churches. The author list six reasons.
1. Poor Leadership — “We don’t like the way you’re running things.”
2. Different Style — Different style / preferences in terms of preaching, music, etc…
3. Specific Program — Better kids or youth programs
4. Disillusionment — Frustration, etc…
5. Inner Hurts — Life pain / frustration and they turn from church
6. Church Size — When a church becomes too big!
Not at all surprising. Do these reasons hold water for you and your experience?