I’ve been an absent blogger lately — you’ve probably noticed. Each fall about this time I get so consumed with other things the blog becomes a low priority. I will return to my unedited blogging soon, but in the meantime, check out some of my favorite blogs to read.
Over at Scot McKnight’s Jesus Creed he has some great discussions going on concerning ex-gays and a review of Brian McLaren’s new book, Everything Must Change. Today, Mike Cope — who all the CofC readers will know — has a good conversation going about a recent ad in The Christian Chronicle concerning instrumental music (apparently, this is still a big deal).
Here are some topics that I’ve been chewing on which might make it into a blog. Tell me what you think.
1. The nature of romance in creating commitment.
2. Why pastors work so hard to make their ministries look completely different that Paul’s ministry as seen in 2 Chronicles.
3. Is Clarence Thomas right about race in America?
4. What is the authentic nature of church?
5. What do Christians need to do to genuinely minister with and to GLBT people?